Craft Bank is a community bank headquartered in Atlanta, GA and serving customers nationwide. We offer a crafted approach to business banking. With a sophisticated digital platform, we provide a highly personalized approach. Our bankers aren't naysayers, box checkers, or bureaucrats. They're guides, consultants, and coaches. We value our clients and our colleagues.
The Contract Underwriter will analyze and underwrite loan origination, extension and renewal requests for commercial loans including financial statement analysis, industry analysis, market analysis and identification of other risk factors associated with commercial loans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with current and potential borrowers, lending officers to gather and assess information pertaining to the transaction, items in the relevant financials of the borrower, guarantors and other liable entities or individuals.
- Coordinate the loan underwriting process including requesting, collecting, and managing required documentation.
- Interact with current and potential borrowers and lending officers to inquire about important information and seek clarification pertaining to the transaction, items in the financials of the borrower, etc.
- Establish loan files in designated software and assure electronic and hard copy documentation is placed in appropriate location
- Analyze commercial loan requests, utilizing information provided by customers, third parties and internal resources, on new, renewal and existing loans
- Prepare credit memos, cash flows and other credit analysis documentation to be utilized in credit decisions on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Recognize and mitigate credit and industry risks
- Ensure that bank loan policies and procedures are complied with as it relates to underwriting of requests.
- Ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college or university in Finance, Accounting or Business or other relevant area preferred – or equivalent work experience.
- Work Experience: 3+ years of commercial underwriting and analysis experience in a financial institution or other relevant experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collectively in a team environment.
- In depth understanding of banking and credit administration environments.
- In depth understanding of personal and business financial statements, tax returns and other financial information used to analyze risk and creditworthiness of an applicant and associated parties.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Working knowledge of loan origination, financial spreading and other analysis software related to the evaluation of loan requests and existing portfolio loans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient research and analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to perform simple/complex mathematical calculations as required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to assure timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
1575 Northside Dr NW
Bldg 100, Suite 200
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Our headquarters is located within the Atlanta Technology Center on Atlanta's bustling Westside. Feel free to visit our coworking-inspired space to meet the Craft Team or just enjoy some local coffee and treats.
Interested in applying? Fill out the following form and tell us about yourself. We'll be in touch with next steps.
Please note that the below form is not encrypted. For your safety, please do not include sensitive personal information with your submission. For secure/encrypted email to a specific Craft Bank representative, please click on the secure email link at the bottom of this page.
Required Field *
Thank you for your submission!
We will be in touch with you soon.