The Contract Underwriter will analyze and underwrite loan origination, extension and renewal requests for commercial loans including financial statement analysis, industry analysis, market analysis and identification of other risk factors associated with commercial loans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with current and potential borrowers, lending officers to gather and assess information pertaining to the transaction, items in the relevant financials of the borrower, guarantors and other liable entities or individuals.
- Coordinate the loan underwriting process including requesting, collecting, and managing required documentation.
- Interact with current and potential borrowers and lending officers to inquire about important information and seek clarification pertaining to the transaction, items in the financials of the borrower, etc.
- Establish loan files in designated software and assure electronic and hard copy documentation is placed in appropriate location
- Analyze commercial loan requests, utilizing information provided by customers, third parties and internal resources, on new, renewal and existing loans
- Prepare credit memos, cash flows and other credit analysis documentation to be utilized in credit decisions on new, renewal and existing loans.
- Recognize and mitigate credit and industry risks
- Ensure that bank loan policies and procedures are complied with as it relates to underwriting of requests.
- Ensure regulatory and bank compliance of all loan packages
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external clients
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4 year college or university in Finance, Accounting or Business or other relevant area preferred – or equivalent work experience.
- Work Experience: 3+ years of commercial underwriting and analysis experience in a financial institution or other relevant experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collectively in a team environment.
- In depth understanding of banking and credit administration environments.
- In depth understanding of personal and business financial statements, tax returns and other financial information used to analyze risk and creditworthiness of an applicant and associated parties.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Working knowledge of loan origination, financial spreading and other analysis software related to the evaluation of loan requests and existing portfolio loans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient research and analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to perform simple/complex mathematical calculations as required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects to assure timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Prepare daily work, including reconciliations and entries
- Prepare all month-end reconcilements of general ledger and internal DDA accounts
- Assist with accounts payable, including expense reports
- Maintain fixed assets, prepaids, and accruals
- Assist with vendor management functions
- Assist with information technology needs
- Assist with human resource needs
- Assist in the gathering of the required information for the bank’s examiners and external auditors
- Order and maintain supplies for the Bank
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Education: Degree in Accounting from an accredited four year college or university is preferred (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Work Experience: 2+ years of related experience in banking or public accounting
- Excellent customer service and communications skills – written and verbal required
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently without constant and direct supervision
- Experience using Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient in banking operating systems
- Must be able to function in a team-based environment and work collaboratively with other areas of the Bank to accomplish objectives.
- Standing, working at computer, and sitting for long periods of time. (sitting, talking, hearing)
- Limited Travel 0-10% (may require driving)
- Disclaimer: This list does not represent all physical demands. Descriptions are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the jobs’ essential functions.
1575 Northside Dr NW
Bldg 100, Suite 200
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Our headquarters is located within the Atlanta Technology Center on Atlanta's bustling Westside. Feel free to visit our coworking-inspired space to meet the Craft Team or just enjoy some local coffee and treats.
Other Job Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement of Policy
The Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. It is the policy of the Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals. The Bank does not discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disabled or veteran status.
Intent and Function of Job Description
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. This job description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the Bank.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Interested in applying? Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and tell us about yourself. We'll be in touch with next steps.
Please note that the below form is not encrypted. For your safety, please do not include sensitive personal information with your submission. For secure/encrypted email to a specific Craft Bank representative, please click on the secure email link at the bottom of this page.
Required Field *
Thank you for your submission!
We will be in touch with you soon.